God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

December 3, 2010

Rediscovering Christmas BC

90_20_9_prev


I also am very proud of myself for reading daily out of Luke for this challenge! I have also gotten some of my other devotions in too! I have read ch. 1 and 2 each day and hope to continue for the full 24 days! I haven't written any posts about it yet but I have been short on time. I just wanted to share it with you in case you want to head over there and join in on this wonderful challenge these ladies are doing!
So a few words from Luke 2 that I have found very interesting. When our children are born we think they are the cutest and smartest babies! It amazes me that they knew Jesus was a very special baby sent from God, All of these people had the knowledge and had so much faith in God and his Word that they truly believed what was told of baby Jesus.
I can't imagine how proud Mary must have been of her child. Growing up so smart and full of wisdom, knowledge and a gift of discipleship, full of the grace of God. She is probably the only mom ever on this Earth who truly had the "Smartest Fifth Grader!" In all seriousness, this is a powerfull message of faith in God because of what Mary and Joseph followed for God and to take care of the Savior of the World!
When we lose our kids we freak out and go nuts, panick takes over us, we start sweating, and shouting their names. Every bad thought possible flashes through your head. This happened to me the other day in Target when my almost 2 yr old took off and she is fast so I couldn't catch her meandering through the clothes. I was scared and frightened while calling her name. When she appeared the relief that came over me settled my soul. Can you imagine leaving your child and traveling for a whole day until you realized he wasn't with you? I am sure Mary was sweating, frightened, scared and had many doubts of uncertainty as she travelled back to Jerusalem. Only to find her son preaching in a temple. Safe and doing what he was called here to fulfill. Of course, Mary and Joseph did not understand but soon enough they would know the full meaning behind the child birthed in a manger one night.

I also had to add my blog hops for this weekend.





With Love,

3 comments:

  1. I can empathize with how you felt about your little on scampering away. It wasn't as bad in the 70's when my children were small but now when I watch my grandchildren I am really overbearing if we go out. It takes my hubby and I both to watch 3 and that's still not enough. I hadn't really thought about how Mary & Joseph must have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the role of Mary as Jesus' mother is one that is so prominent in my heart when I read these scriptures. She was certainly the mom I am not sure I could be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your new follower. Would love for you to follow back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!