God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

December 21, 2010

I had been putting off going to my brother’s grave because it often makes me too upset. I wanted to go see the tree my mom had put there and hang the angel ornament I had gotten him and to see the wreath my grandmother had hung on the tree he lays beneath. I decided to stop by before going to work Sunday. I knew I just wanted to sit there on his bench and talk to him for a while. I had so much built up inside me that I wanted to say. There have been so many things take place recently that I just don't understand, and I know God never intended for us to know. But that doesn't make it easier, as humans we are wired to question, inquire, and make decisions based on fact.
As I sat there talking to him with the cold wind hitting my face I stopped and I heard these words,“Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10. It was what I needed to hear, not my own voice telling me what to do, how to do it, or what I needed to do more of. All of my self doubting, criticizing, and the pity I had been dwelling on were made weak in my mind. All along I just needed to stop, be quiet, be still, knowing that he is God. He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
 Silence is medication for sorrow.  ~Arab Proverb
 You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind.  ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba
 With the busyness and hectic lives we lead today, we often forget to just stop and listen, ask for his help, and seek him to find peace when we just don't get it.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I really needed to hear this after all that has been going on in my life these last 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it perfect how we can really hear Him when we least expect it? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!