This time of year we praise God for the gift he has given to us in Jesus Christ. While this is the meaning of Christmas and one of our duties as a Christian, we too must remember our part of the plan. We find ways to fulfill our purpose in life in Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life. The ultimate goal of the universe is to show the glory of God. It is the reason for everything that exists, including you. Romans 11:36 (LB) "For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory."
Making God smile is the goal of our life. The bible says, "Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it." The life of Noah gives us an example of how to make God smile. The Bible says, "This guy brings me pleasure. He makes me smile. I'll start over with his family."Because Noah brought God pleasure, we are alive today." His life shows us 5 acts of worship that make God smile.
1. God smiles when we love him supremely. Hosea 6:6 " I don't want your sacrifices-I want your love; I don't want your offerings-I want you to know me."
2. God smiles when we trust him completely. "He takes pleasure in those that honor Him; in those who trust in His constant love." Psalm 147:11 (TEV)
3. God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly. "We please God by what we do and not only by what we believe." James 2:24 (CEV)
4. God smiles when we praise and thank him continually. "The righteous are glad and rejoice in his presence; they are happy and shout for joy." Psalm 68:3 (TEV)
5. God smiles when we use our abilities. "The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23 (NIV)
"The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who are wise, who want to please God." Psalm 14:2 (LB)
In his book there is a poem by Russell Kelfer that is fitting for the trials in my life and most likely in yours. Take comfort in knowing these words. "The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us." Romans 12:3
You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're JUST what he wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
No, the trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!!
With Love and wishing you all a Merry Christmas filled with peace, joy, and love,