God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 17, 2010

Free Template!

I have been thinking a lot lately about the things that we are given so freely by Christ. In designing some cards lately, I started thinking that God's design is a lot like a template. The World is his great design and we far too often take advantage of it. And I am just as guilty. I took time the past two days to reflect on this template that he has created. I imagine him up there with a huge paintbrush deciding the designs of our day; who we meet, the obstacles that will be in our way, our jobs, tasks, and the opportunities we have to seek Him. He has laid all of this out for us to use in any way that we choose. Life is what we make of it. Yes, he has ultimate control and there will be many trials but it is how we react to those plans as to whether it turns out to be a success or a total mess. His timing is always right and never a minute overdo.
Habakkuk 2:3 These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!

He puts roads in our way that twist and turn and wind around and around to places we never thought we would go. He puts stop lights in our lives to tell us when to push harder and go or when to stop and let it go. He uses joys as the beautiful things he has created that we enjoy daily; the bright sun, the trees that give us protection, our homes that keep us safe, the beautiful landscapes, our family, friends, and the list goes on and on. Ephesians 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end
He also uses our sorrows like a thief in the night, it is dark, and it comes in a surprising way. Each of these are the smaller templates in our lives that make up a much bigger template, the template God uses to teach us to depend on Him and show us how much we need him. It can turn out to be a glorious success or a total mess. It is up to you which you will choose. For me, I choose to use my God in order to make my life more glorious as I travel down the road of uncertainty.

For it is said in Phillipians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. All of these smaller templates in our lives that make up this world will soon come to light and he will reveal a template that is glorious and divine! What is better than our salvation that is given to us for FREE!! Our template, the template of the world, needs you as a participator. You can choose to sit back and allow it to be a total mess or you can do something about it and begin to know your God. The God that chose you for his children.
Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
We can choose to use the resources he has given us:
1. His Strength
2. His Spirit
3. His Faithfulness
4. His Peace
5. His Provision
6. His Help in Temptation
OR we can disappear into a template that no one wants to use.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
I wanted to share this with you today in hopes that you will stop and take the time to look around and see the template God is using in your life. When you are driving in your car today, take the time to look around and see the template God gave you and all it's beauty that it posesses.
If you look at what you do not have in life, you don't have anything.
If you look at what you have in life, you have everything.

I love this poem...
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees..
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.....
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear..
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give tosouls in need
But at last the time, the time to die
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
'Your name I cannot find
I once was going to write it down....
But never found the time'

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God
Difficult moments, seek God
Quiet moments, worship God
Painful moments, trust God
Every moment, Thank God
With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!