God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 5, 2010

Daily Encouragement~Becoming Fearless

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.


This verse goes along with yesterday's in having God beside you at his right hand or in this verse, his righteous hand. When we are feeling scared and alone we must remember that he is always with us.
Stand still, and whisper God's name, and listen. He is nearer than you think. ~Max Lucado
It was funny how this verse was my devotion for today because my daughter, Ava, is starting to learn scripture. She is very interested in the Bible and wants to learn from it. So her verse from this week actually came from Isaiah 43:5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you.If you haven't read the book Fearless by Max Lucado I strongly urge you to. He quotes, "Each Sunrise seems to bring Fresh Reasons for Fear." "And it feels dreadful. Fear sucks the life out of the soul, curls us into an embryonic state, and drains us out of contentment. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?" " According to Jesus, this is possible. The one statement he made more than any other was this: 'Don't be afraid.' Fear will always knock on your door. Just don't invite it in for dinner. And for heaven's sake, don't offer it a bed for the night."
Matthew 8: 23-24
23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.
This passage shows a great example of how we can be in the midst of the storm and not feel God's presence yet he is always there. Max Lucado, Fearless, "Christ-followers contract malaria, bury children, and battle addictions, and, as a result, face fears. It's not the absence of storms that sees us apart. It's whom we discover in the storm: an unstirred Christ."
I find it easier to write down all my fears, listing them out so that I can pray about each individually which allows me to use my faith and give me that assurance that He is God.
Here are some passages that God speaks about fear:
Don't let you hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me... I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1, 3 NLT
I tell you not to worry about everyday life-whether you have enough. Matthew 6:25 NLT
Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Matthew 10:28
And finally one for the day's battles. Take courage. I am here! Matthew 14:27 NLT


Are you ready to live a fearless life?
Here is a link to Max Lucado's book Fearless. http://www.maxlucado.com/fearless/
Staying focused on him and not getting discouraged will allow us to begin overcoming our fears. Reality is that he is God and he will always prevail because he is the Maker of all plans, like an obstacle course of life. How mighty is he that he can create such an obstacle called life for each and every one of us.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!