God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom, Spa Day, Etsy, and "12 Days of Christmas" Blog Challenge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! YOU INSPIRE ME, LOVE ME UNCONDITIONALLY, DO ANYTHING FOR ME, ARE THE BEST GRANDMOTHER, AND I LOVE YOU DEARLY, MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM EVER!
So my dad treated my mom and I to a spa day today for mom's birthday! We got facials and massages and boy was it nice, all without KIDS! Yes, grown up time today. It is a day I will forever treasure and wouldn't change for the world. Thank you dad for giving us such a wonderful memory together!



Doesn't the marker look great! More pics to be in next post!!

I have also added quite a few more cards to my etsy shop so click the shop button in the top right or go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/mom2avazoe to see them all.


And here is the 12 Days of Christmas that Analyze This blog is doing. Hop over there and check it out.
http://www.alyblogs.com/



Start Date: Monday, November 22nd

DAY 1 CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY TRADITIONS
I would have to say that my all time favorite tradition was when I was a kid growing up and my dad would take my brother and I out riding around looking at lights and for Santa while my mom stayed home and wrapped the final gifts. We would beg him to sit in the driver's seat and act like we were driving!
Today, our Christmas traditions have typically been my parents and brother's coming over to my house on Christmas Morning to open presents with the girls and as a family. Then we head over to my grandmother's house, the girls great grandmother to eat with the rest of our family. This year is going to be harder to keep traditions and it might be the time for new traditions since my brother is no longer with us. I know he will be there in Spirit but going through the process without him just won't be the same. I always looked forward to seeing him on Christmas because he LOVED it so much. As a kid he was bouncing off the walls for Santa and would wake up at like 5AM. He still at the age of 27 was just as giddy for Christmas as he was when he was 5.  I always made sure I had some type of breakfast for him because he always wanted food wherever he went. I wanted him to be happy, he is the only person I would fix a plate of food for. I just knew how much that day meant to him. I will miss him this holiday season and don't think I am prepared for what is about to come but I do still want my girls to have a joyful Christmas. We will begin our 2nd year tradition of the Elf on the Shelf, we will see how he holds up this year with my 2 year old. He may have to hang from the ceiling all season!!

DAY 2 BLACK FRIDAY-I will go ahead and answer since I am so late posting Day 1
My ADVICE don't do it. I have always found the sells are just as good before and if I needed it that bad I would have bought it a long time ago. I get way too overly anxious to be in big crowds like that. And you will never find me waiting for a store to open at 4AM! Please, sleep is much more important than the $2 electronics at Target, i.e. cds, dvds that no one wants to see. But I may be wrong there, it could actually be worth it but I guess I won't know.


Here is a rundown of the next 12 Days....Day 1: Christmas/Holiday traditions
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles
Day 11: New Year Resolutions
Day 12: Show us your decorations (indoor/outdoor)
Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe
Day 14: Oprah's Favorite Things: What item(s) would you want if you were in the audience?
With Love,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! So glad you are participating in the blog challenge! :)

    This year will be hard for your family. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge.

    I'd love for you to come check out my blog and follow back! :)

    http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!