God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

December 12, 2010

It's Officially HER Day!

ZOE
Name pronunciation: ZOH-ee

Origin of name: Greek
Meaning of name: Life, abundant life
The Story Behind This Historical Christian Name
There are several notable historical Christian women who had the name Zoe, including two empresses in the Byzantine empire and St. Zoe, a Roman noblewoman martyred for her faith during Emperor Diocletian’s persecution of the Christian church.
Scriptures for the Girl Name Zoe
Note the word “life” in each of these scriptures (partial list, not all instances in the New Testament) — that is the Greek word “Zoe”:
Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[a] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

John 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

John 3:15-16 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 4:14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

James 1:12  Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
1 John 2:25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

1 John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Christian Meaning of Names



Happy 2nd Birthday to my joyful, life filled child. You bring me constant joy, relief from my pain, a smile to always put on my face, big hugs and kisses, sweetness, often times a close heart attack, and an absolute life. You made our family complete.
I did not know Zoe was in the Bible nor did I know what the meaning of your name was. I read a little about it when it came up in Max Lucado's book John 3:16, so tonight I thought I would google the meaning and the above is just what I found.  Now, I know that it truly is a perfect description of my Zoe. Full of LIFE! I love you baby girl...forever and ever.




NOW

THEN

1 comment:

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!