God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

October 10, 2010

Poem for Richard

Today I lost my brother,
It’s sad but very true.

This heartache that I now bear
The pain, the grief, and disbelief.

I know that you are sorry
And no, there is nothing that you can do
But hold my hand
And say a prayer
For only God can heal our wounds.

Each day I awake and realize
There is nothing new.
He still will not be with us
And the pain becomes brand new.

I will never see his child be born
Nor will mine remember him
His smile and laugh
The devilish grin
He bared when he walked in.

Never can he be hugged or kissed
No pats from a friend he’s missed.

No presents at Christmas,
No birthday cake
Will ever say his name.

A headstone, bench, and picture
Is where we will see him now
His final resting place
Here on the ground.

No, this burden I cannot change,
My little brother is gone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!