God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 28, 2010

Reaping and Sowing-Putting Christ First

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be gien to you as well.
Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all; "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take their cross daily and follow me."
Have you ever wondered where the benefits are of all that you are doing in life? Are you really letting go of yourself and handing it over to Christ? Are you seeking him first or do you put him last on the daily list of things to do?  I will admit, I am guilty of these too. As humans, we want to fix it all, or we think we have it all together. We forget during the day to pray constantly, we don't create a daily time with him to reflect, or we forget him all together. Paul warned in his writings that you will always reap what you sow. Galations 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
If we don't give ourselves to Christ and surrender ourselves to him, we will receive nothing in return. Just like working at a job and getting paid nothing. We don't want that to happen, so we make sure we work to provide for our families. Just as Christ wants you to work hard for him so that we can reap the reward of his eternal family.
Even in the midst of struggles, suffering, or trials we must continue perseverance and seeking Him. This may be hard because we have the attitude of 'I don't deserve this.' We try at all costs to avoid pain. We want to live a carefree life. But the only way to reap the 'carefree' life is to follow Christ, and put him first in all that you do. We will all have consequences for what we do, for both the present and the future. Just look at Paul's writings in Galations 6:7-10 
7 Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.


Day 6 in the 12 days of Christmas BV

This is a hard one because of what I have just spoken of, forgetting ourselves and doing God's purpose of putting him first. But Jesus was brought many gifts and we do not exactly NEED anything for we have it all in Jesus already but we can still have wants in life. And a few things would be nice....ha ha. Just for the blog challenge. hint hint

I want things that I can use for my crafting and sewing. I would love to have a line of fabrics like the bundle below. Oh the girls dresses, skirts, tops I could make for spring!

Erin McMorris, Weekends, Gray, Red and Violet Half Yard Bundle of 9 from sewdeerlyloved
 




http://www.etsy.com/listing/54633650/erin-mcmorris-weekends-gray-red-and

I also want a fabric cutter and a measuring board.
And I would Love an Ipod (yes, I am probably the last person on the planet that doesn't have one)! And of course it would have to be in PINK!


But more important than any of these things is that my girls have a wonderful Christmas and know what it is really about. To see their faces on Christmas Day is worth every penny that was spent and memories that can never be taken away.

With Love,

3 comments:

  1. I found you on The Sunday Blog Hop...I'm now following!

    Katie
    ~The Romantic Type~
    http://theromantictype.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    T♥ aka http://www.graphicdesignbytara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I was your newest follower of your lovely blog. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!