God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 20, 2010

The Marker

As he took his last breath and we laid him to rest
Put the bench near his grave
Where the marker now lays
It tells of his story, a life that once lived

It is where we will go
And pray to the Lord
Give me strength, give me comfort,
And please bring me peace
We will kneel to the ground and send praises to Him
That the day will soon come
For our Savior to appear

But for now we will cherish
What is carved in our hearts
For there you will remain
Until our last breath we take
And we meet you in heaven
Where the place is prepared
What a sweet, glorious day when I see you again.

Yesterday we put the marker on my brother's grave. Finally, it was complete, and how perfect it looks. But knowing that the final piece is in place from the moment we first picked out where he would lay, brought on a whirlwind of reality that he really is gone. I don't know what I am trying to hold on to in thinking it could all still be a dream. But I feel the feelings I felt in those first days fading away. I can't tell you how it felt because there are no words. I do know that I find myself trying to relinquish it because then I may not know the realization that I do now. I will have to wait until my day to see him again. I will forever hold him in my heart and worry far too often that I could forget the way that he talked, his smile on his face, the boots he always wore or what we said the last time we talked. The childhood we had building forts, four wheeling, horse back riding, exploring the woods, sneaking out together, sleeping in the same bed when we were small and scared, the old swingset we used to play on, watching him play baseball and football made me proud, him wrecking my Camaro while I was on my senior trip in Cancun (I was so mad at him) and watching him get married, but the talks we would have when no one was around made a bond together that I always hope to remember. For life must move on and I have a long time til I see him again.  

I have some beautiful photos my husband took while we were there. I will post them soon. It is what I would say was a moment in time that just stood still. And yet the motions were still made.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).



With Love,

1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful and very touching tribute. I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother, but we know that as christians it is never good-bye but until we meet again. I am thinking of you today sweetie and sending healing hugs your way.

    melody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!