God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

November 24, 2010

Blog Hop, The Thankful Tree, and Hearts of Thanks



It's the day before Thanksgiving and as I remember what all I am thankful for I got Ava and I to make a Thankful Leaf Tree.

This past week has been hard with the Holiday season starting and everyone getting into the Spirit. I was having emotional breakdown one after the next. I was having severe depression and anxiety issues. My life felt like every single piece was spinning out of control. I couldn't focus and like Charlotte on Sex and the City 2, I just wanted to hide myself in a closet and cry. Instead I did it in front of everyone b/c it is hard to control those types of emotions. They come at the slightest trigger, it may not even be related but it brings on some sort of conscience memory that we are unaware of.
I then look at my girls and know that at one time I had no worries and life was free and I could twirl and spin around in dress up clothes without a care in the world. I watch now as Zoe destroys her Radio Flyer horse she got for Christmas last year and almost pulls the curtains off the wall. She reminds me so much of my brother, from her mischievious smile all the way to her absolute adorableness that I just want to love all over. She is happy, content in her own little world. I hate that the world will one day suck them both in and their minds will be cluttered with all kinds of confusion as they try to find their way and who they want to be. I pray constantly for them to be women of God. One's who will lead and go to Christ in all things they need. As I watch their energy I have to be grateful for healthy kids because there are so many parents leaning over a hospital bed as they spend what may be their last Thanksgiving together. It brings tears to my eyes to know these types of situations exist in the world but I also know as a follower of Christ that he has plans to prosper us and not bring harm. It may not seem like it in the midst of trials and the things in life you never thought could happen. But we all need to be on guard at all times, Proverbs 4:23 At all times Guard your Heart, for everything you do flows from it. Make sure to always be grateful, even when it seems there is no hope. The hope we have in Jesus endures and persevers all things of this world. We must ask God daily for a pure heart. Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within meMatthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
 "Keep the joy of loving God in your heart and share this joy with all you meet, especially your family. Be holy--let us pray."


To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
 
So, on this day, I am thankful for the family God has chosen to keep in me. The heart that is allowed to love them intensely. The hope for our future. Answered prayer, salvation, eternity with my brothers and sisters in Christ, my friends, those who pray for me, my parents, my brother Will, and my husband (who has a birthday on Friday)!!
We are blessed beyond imagination or words, so when you pray for someone else, ask God not to just bless them, for we have all been blessed through Jesus Christ; but ask him to give them the tools they need for the day, wisdom and knowledge in all their paths.
We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Author Unknown

Ecclesiastes 2:26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.

I will leave you with some Thanksgiving quote that I found over at the Quote Garden.

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

He who thanks but with the lips


Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd
Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you always have a heart of gratitude!
With Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!