God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

January 26, 2011

Women of the Word


I was so excited when I opened my email to see that I was the spotlight on Living on Love and Cents,My Slice of SanityONE + ONE = FOUR, and Flutterbys and Frogs for Women of the Word Wednesday! This is a great way to bring God into our lives, lift each other up in prayer and give each other encouragement and support.
This is an especially hard week as Sunday, January 30th marks the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death. This week has also been filled with joys that I am trying to enjoy while also preparing for a sombering day. Monday the 24th I turned 30, ironic that I am 30 and my brother died on the 30th. My wonderful friends and I will be doing dinner next week so I am very excited to see each of them as it is hard to get together in a world full of kids, work, and everyday things. Today, the 26th my oldest daughter turned 5! I brought a cookie cake to school a little while ago and just got back. She shared a birthday party with her little sister a week ago and they had such a blast tumbling. Here are some pictures...






I will leave a verse this week to reflect on that I use to bring me comfort, strength, and peace in the upcoming days. If you are in need of these things I hope it can be uplifting for you as well. It is a simple verse but a powerful one that reminds us just how much Christ loves us.
Hebrews 13:5 “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
I ask for prayer this week for my family as we face this coming Sunday. I will be speaking at the grave for a small rememberance ceremony. I have rewrote the speech about 5 times so far so wish me luck. I want it to be just right.
With Love,


1 comment:

  1. HI Heather! I will definatly pray for you! That must be so hard! You are strong and an inspiration to us all! AND Happy Birthday! I also just turned 30! It's a BIG Bday! So celebrate! Thanks for being our spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!