God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Undeserving GraceThis week has come with a lot of scares so I am in need of prayer for my 2 year old Zoe. She has been sick off and since the beginning of April spikeing high fevers and becoming very lethargic and refusing to eat or drink.
 
Monday it started again and I just had a feeling something was not right. So Tuesday when she woke up again with the fever I took her to the doctor and I am very Thankful that I did.
 
Her urine and blood work show some signs of possible kidney problems. We will hopefully receive more answers today from another test she had done yesterday. They could never get enough urine to culture so my poor baby had to be cathed. I am thankful that my husband took her as I don't know if I would have handled it. I needed to go to work so we o parted from the hospital and he took her back to the doctor for the cath. Her fever got up to 105.7 on Tuesday which is very scary for a mommy, as most of you know. We have spent much of the week at the doctor and hospital. I am Thankful she is feeling better. Please pray for good results and treatment to help her get well.
  • So first thing I am Thankful for is Mother's instinct
  • Zoe is finally started to feel better
Last night we have severe storms here in Georgia. At work we were evacuated into the Emergency Shelter a couple of times due to the tornado sirens. On my way home from work at 1:30A I could not get down the road toward my house, a HUGE tornado hit there and leveled houses, had trees in the street and power lines just hanging there. I talked to some people in the road and they said one couple who's house was leveled were inside the home but were safe.
I had to turn around and adjust my route. But as I went a different direction I found the tornado path again and there were power lines all over the road, telephone poles broken in pieces in the road, and more trees down. The tornado went right over the Fire Dept. I was able to get home but it ended up taking me 1 1/2 hours. A tornado hit my friends lake house and it is gone and their boat turned upside down in the water.
  • I am extremely Thankful my family was safe. And I pray for all those who lost their homes. There were 2 fatalities in the city next to ours. I could not believe the devastation that storm left.
  • I am Thankful for my mom letting Ava spend the night so she could take her to the movies today. The poor thing has been on Spring Break and has spent it at doctors. We had so much planned this week for her and I. We weren't able to do any of it. She is going to see "Hop!"
I also added some Easter pictures below because the Resurrection has been the GREATEST thing I am Thankful for this week.




I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Blessings to you all this coming week.

4 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I said a prayer as soon as I finished reading this post for you and especially for Zoe that God would heal her!!!

    hugs,
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather I'll be praying for you and Zoe. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I hope to see you soon.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are perfect! I said a prayer for your little lady. I'm thankful (with you) that God provides us mommys with the wisdom to take care of our little ones. I hope she enjoyed the movie. We didn't get a spring break due to the snow days...we're going til the first week of june :(
    Thank you bunches for linking up and sharing your post today! Hope to see ya again next week :)
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog. I am so very sorry about your brother. My daughter went home to the Lord due to an illness in 1998. The scripture you have on your blog from Isaiah got me through many long days while she was in the hospital. Whenever I read it I think of her. Feel free to visit mine anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!