God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

June 30, 2011

Anything is Possible....Real Life Stories

                                     
This week has been an overwhelming and exciting whirlwind in an endeavor I have wanted to embark on for a long time.
Starting two weeks ago I emailed our Pastor and inquired about an idea I had that I felt the Holy Spirit was laying very heavily on my heart. I have been searching and asking for guidance and direction in my life as I felt there was more He wanted for me.
That is where "Real Life Stories" began. I will try to keep the story as short as possible but I am usually a person of many words (especially when I am writing.) My manager says she leaves my emails for last because they are always so detailed.
I put my ideas in a powerpoint, waited a couple of weeks in apprehension, finally emailed the Pastor and he wanted to meet right away. This was delayed a week due to him being at a conference. Last Tuesday we met, he loved the idea and was completely on board. We decided to continue to pray for the "next step" God wanted for it. Saturday morning I received a "mystery" package with all these wonderful things that had "Real Life Stories" on it. The pic is below, I have a sweet sweet friend who thought of me long before I met with the Pastor to get me motivated to go for it. I took it as my "next step" and emailed the Pastor. I now have a meeting next week with a woman who runs a non-profit for our church and is highly involved in all the non-profits in the area. She seemed excited. I have finaly started sharing this with many people as I was hesitant at first due to my insecurities. I have received a lot of reassurance that this is a much needed ministry. I put some of the slides below to show a little of what it is.
I'm trying to get a blog together for it so I don't have a link yet.
It is for those Who Lost Loved Ones too Soon; Sudden and Traumatic losses. Turns out there was a much higher need for this in our area than I had first realized. So many young lives taken and I live in an area that is on the Top 10 Best places to Live.

In short I pray God will continue providing me with the "next step" and this soon could turn into something more. My passion is intense for it and I hope that gives me enough drive to not give up.
This week I am literally "High on Life" and soooooo "Thankful."






Habakkuk 2:3 "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. It seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day."
PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE I keep telling myself.
With Love,
Happy Weekend!


3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful idea. Bittersweet but so full of hope! I love how God has been revealing this to you step by step, piece by piece. It is sure to be a great comforting outlet for many who are hurting and struggling to make peace with a difficult situation. Blessings on your endeavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Heather your heart is amazing and I know God will be with you as he uses you and your gift!

    blessings,
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Thanks for such an inspirational post.

    Just stopping by on the Thankful Thursday blog hop!! I am a new follower via GFC.

    Olivia
    www.blog.thisnthatwitholivia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!