God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

October 26, 2010

The Eagle in Our Lives

The very first time the Eagle came to us was July 4th, 2010 right after the winners were announced for the Wedowee Boat Parade, which we had won 1st place in one of the categories. We had played the song "Free," by Zac Brown Band while going through the parade line. The Eagle soared around us and we released balloons for my brother. We tried to get a picture of him but it was far too high.
My parents have friend's whom my brother, Richard and I great up with. Over a year ago, one of her son's had a terrible motorcycle accident and was pronounced dead on the scene, EMT's were able to finally get a pulse and he ended up with serious brain injuries and in a coma for a while but was able to recover with the exception of some memory loss and other motor skills. Shortly after July 4th, his mom was talking to his dad about the parade and the Eagle. Then her son, Rudy, suddenly said, "I know what it means, I know exactly what that is,"it's Richard." He was just plain as day with it and so blunt about it. Completely assure of himself. I thought it very strange at the time, thinking Rudy had maybe seen a glimpse of heaven when he had his accident.
I didn't give it much more thought until recently when I started seeing Eagles on a daily basis. In September,  my husband Rob actually captured a picture of one we saw while taking pictures of the girls at Sewell National Park. That day there were two together and one circling over Rob and the girls and one circling my car as I was headed back to the car to get something. The next day there were two in our neighborhood circling behind our house. And after that, they have been everywhere, I have even seen a bald eagle that had swooped really low in front of my car. It is amazing how many I have seen. And it isn't just me, it is my husband and my mom. At the lake this weekend where my parents live, when we went outside to play with the girls, there was one soaring above that Zoe saw and kept pointing at. Then two swooped in front of my mom and I on the way to my little brother's football game. They are usually in two's but sometimes there is only one. I know it is migrating season but in talking with others they say they never see any Eagles, I see an average of 2-3 per day!
There is an eagles nest on the lake where my parents live that we often visit to see if we can get a glimpse of the eage. When she would have babies, they would be so neat to look at. And if  you were lucky you would see her come flying over them. They are such fascinating creatures.
The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to find out what the purpose or the symbolism for the Eagle. Today I googled the meaning of eagle and found some of these answers...

I found this on www.eaglespiritministry.com
The eagle is present across a range of beliefs or philosophies;
A few of the things an eagle represents are...
* spiritual protection
* carries prayers
* brings strength, courage, wisdom, healing, and creation

The dictionary of scripture and myth, describes the eagle as;
A symbol of the holy spirit, which flies, as it were, through the mind (air) from the higher nature (heaven) to the lower nature (earth) and soars aloft to the self (sun).

This came from Daily Encouragement
http://dailyencouragement.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/soaring-like-eagles/
“Soaring Like Eagles”
“But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
Several weeks ago I shared in an encouragement message that I saw an eagle fly high over our home and I’ve seen it several times since.  Yesterday Brooksyne and Ester spotted one on the way home from church and we kept an eye on it as it soared high above us with wings spread appearing to enjoy the bitterly cold weather.  It seems I never have the camera ready when we spot the eagles – it would probably be too far away for an effective shot anyway.
The daily Scripture text is among the first verses I committed to memory as a young Christian. It was a popular chorus at that time and really still should be, since it’s merely singing the very words of Scripture.  It has so often been a source of assurance and strength in my life.
Isaiah 40 is recognized by many to be among the most powerful chapters of Scripture and even many secularists acknowledge the superb literary beauty of this passage.
The daily text is the final verse in this great chapter. What an encouraging promise! Read it slowly and aloud if you are able. “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.”  Isaiah, inspired by the Holy Spirit, wrote these words some 2,700 years ago. But the Word of God is living and active and this is a present unchangeable truth.
It presents an essential key to personal renewal – hoping in the Lord. We may look back and recall when we accepted the Lord, first placing our hope and trust in Him. That’s wonderful. But this verse refers to an active, present tense hope and trust in the Lord.
The Full Life Study Bible has this note concerning the passage: “To hope in the Lord is to trust Him fully with our lives; it involves looking to Him as our source of help and grace in time of need.  Those who hope in the Lord are promised:
1) God’s strength to revive them in the midst of exhaustion and weakness, of suffering and trial;
2) The ability to rise above their difficulties like an eagle that soars in the sky; and
3) The ability to run spiritually without tiring and to walk steadily forward without fainting at God’s delays.  God promises that if His people will patiently trust Him, He will provide whatever is needed to sustain them constantly.”

The image of a soaring eagle is used. “They will soar on wings like eagles.”  Many have observed the ability of the eagle to soar above the storms and likewise through our hope we can soar above the storms of life.
By God’s grace may you hope in the Lord, may your strength be renewed and may you spiritually soar above the inevitable storms of life!
Be encouraged today.
The Bible refers to an eagle as far back as Exodus and all the way into the Prophecy.

For some reason, I just have to feel like my brother is on constant watch over us and giving us the strength and courage to face this difficult storm in our lives. To help us heal and give us hope that he is waiting for us on the other side. I kind of hope he is carrying our prayers right to God on his wings, knowing how much his family and friends meant to him, I am sure he is making sure we will be taken care of. I think this is God's way of showing us that he is always near, especially to the broken hearted.
Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted
       and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto his people,
       the Lord will bless his people with peace.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present

       help in times of trouble.

Here is the picture of the Eagle we saw at Sewell Park.






1 comment:

  1. Honey, that is so good. And guess what, Day before yesterday Ken and I were on the back porch and an eagle was flying very low over our back yard. Joey was out in the yard and was fixed looking at it and then at us. He didn't run to us or try to get away from him. He just watched it and us untill it flew off into the woods. Then he came up on the porch and jumped up on my legs for a pet and nudged his head into my hand for a tighter love rub on his face.. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!