God can Heal a Broken Heart but He has to have all the Pieces.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

October 15, 2010

Are you Strong Enough?

Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength unto his people, the Lord will bless his people with peace.


I feel as I am getting closer and closer to the eye of the storm, fighting 100 mph winds that push me further and further inward. The continuation of letdown after letdown often have me in a state of feeling weak and vulnerable. I want to see the light through the darkness. I want to know that everything will be ok and that I will one day make it out of this storm.
Do you have enought strength when times are tough and hard to handle? Do we just give up and tell ourselves that we can't do it? If you try to do it alone, you will never have the strength. We must depend on God in all times, good and bad. Depending on him requires us to surrender. Surrendering is not human nature. We all have the "I can do it myself" attitude. Well guess what, you can't. Unless you surrender your whole self and ask God to help you with your problems you will always fail. We need him every hour of every day. Heck, I need him second by second. To practice surrender we must have perseverance and it has to be lifelong according to Rick Warren.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Remind yourselves constantly that we need him and ask him for help. All I say is Lord please help me, I need you.
We have to surrender to God's grace, love, and wisdom.
This is one of my favorite verses that has helped me through many storms. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble. I read that at my brother's funeral. It has helped me in so many ways. I have to remember it is him who we are here to please. We are to be in this world but not of it. I could go on and one quoting scripture that talks about surrendering and strength. But I will leave you with a few to inspire you today!


Psalm 147:3 He heals up the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.
Jeremiah 31:31 I will turn their mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
One of my favorites Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to  harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


A faith that hasn't been tested, can't be trusted. Adrian Rogers
Your greatest ministry will likely come out of your greatest hurt. Rick Warren
Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. Billy Graham


Like I said, I could go on and on but I will leave with this last thought. Have you truly surrenderd all of your fears, hurts, and struggles over to God? I know I need to be reminded constantly, if I don't, I will crumble and fall into pieces.
With Love
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, I love to hear from you! Comments make me smile and always brighten my day!